Thank you for wanting to help improve Gaea!
If you have encountered a bug, please follow the guidelines below to post about it. We will use this information to fix it as quickly as possible.
Important things to have in your bug report:
- Check if someone has already reported the bug here. If so, please upvote that issue instead of creating a new bug. That will let us know you have encountered it too, and enable us to inform you when it is fixed, or get in touch with you if we need more information.
- Explain how you encountered it.
- Before reporting, try to recreate the bug to determine if it was a one-time random bug, or ongoing.
- Run Watson Diagnostics Tool from Start Menu under the QuadSpinner program group, and attach the zip file it generates to your bug report.
- If you can attach a video, that would be even better, but that is optional.
- Make the Bug Report Title as meaningful as possible. Titles like "Gaea stops responding when creating the Foo node" are helpful. Titles like "Gaea crashed" without any proper description are NOT helpful - and will be assigned a lower priority. We would have to go through all your logs to figure out the problem. And even then, logs can't always tell us what to look for unless you let us know what went wrong.
These steps may sound a bit tedious, but they will help us address your bug promptly vs. much, much later.
If you do not want to share any information publicly, just submit a new ticket and we will help you out privately.
Post is closed for comments.